Index of Education Quality (IEQ)
Riverhill School is accredited through AdvancEd, an umbrella organization that includes SACS, AISA, and numerous other accrediting agencies. AdvancEd covers over 32,000 public and independent institutions in over 70 countries and involves 20 million students. Schools are required to go through a re-accreditation process every five years. This process includes a visit from an External Review Team that spends several days on campus interviewing stakeholders and investigating the educational practices of the school. Five main areas are explored: Purpose and Direction; Governance and Leadership; Teaching and Assessing for Learning; Resources and Support Systems; and Continuous Improvement.
Riverhill recently completed this rigorous re-accreditation process. The scores for Riverhill School are listed below. Please note Riverhill’s scores as compared to the average scores of ALL the schools (public and independent) that completed this process during the last school year.
Average for all other schools 278
RIVERHILL SCHOOL HAS THE DISTINCTION OF BEING NAMED AN AISA BLUE RIBBON SCHOOL FOR THE 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015, and 2015-2016 SCHOOL YEARS.*
National Elementary Honor Society
- Ninety-nine percent of Riverhill’s eligible Fifth and Sixth Graders qualified for membership in the Riverhill Chapter of the National Elementary Honor Society in 2016.
- One hundred percent of Riverhill’s eligible Fourth Graders qualified for membership in the Riverhill Chapter of the National Elementary Honor Society in 2016.
President’s Award for Educational Excellence
- One hundred percent of our Sixth Graders qualified for the 2016 President’s Award for Educational Excellence.
- One hundred percent of our Sixth Graders qualified for the 2015 President’s Award for Educational Excellence.
AISA District Science Fair
- Three Riverhill students won awards in the 2016 AISA District Science Fair.
AISA State Science Fair
- One Riverhill student placed THIRD in the Physical Science Division of the 2016 AISA State Science Fair.
- A Sixth-Grade Riverhill student won third place in the 2015 AISA State Creative Writing Contest for Grades 6-8.
- A Riverhill student won an award in the 2015 and the 2016 Times-Daily Design an Ad Contest.
- Six Riverhill students won first, second, and third places in various categories in the 2015 SCA Environmental Poster Contest.
- Four Riverhill students won various awards in various categories in the 2015-2016 National Career Development Association’s Poetry and Poster Contest. One student’s artwork will go on to the National Competition.
- A Riverhill student was second runner up in the 2015 Lauderdale County Spelling Bee.
- Riverhill students won First Place in the 2015 AISA District Spelling Bee for Fifth Grade
- and for Sixth Grade.
- A Riverhill student won Second Place in the 2015 AISA State Spelling Bee for Sixth Graders.
- Four Riverhill students won First Place in the 2015 Regional ACTE Technology Fair.
- Four Riverhill students won First Place in the 2015 State ACTE Technology Fair.
- A Riverhill student won Second Place in the 2016 Regional ACTE Technology Fair.
- A Riverhill student won Second Place in the 2016 State ACTE Technology Fair.
*Blue Ribbon School–This status is awarded only to schools that exemplify excellence in teaching, student performance, school life, and school and community interaction.