Minima Maximis Cedant
Let those things which are least important yield to those which are of the greatest importance.
We are committed to providing a child-centered, active learning environment where academic knowledge is partnered with real-life opportunities in an effort to encourage students to build solid life foundations. Riverhill students receive an education of the
heart as well as an education of the mind.
Riverhill School was founded in 1980 by a group of parents whose objective was to provide their children with the best elementary education available. The school began with fewer than twenty children in kindergarten and first grade and has grown to its present enrollment of about 200 children in Pre K2 through Sixth Grade. Riverhill students are varied in their backgrounds. Numerous occupations and cultures are represented by the Riverhill Family, and these differences serve as one of the many enriching aspects of Riverhill.
Throughout the years, Riverhill has never wavered in its commitment to Academic Excellence and the encouragement of a lifelong love for learning. This commitment is evident in all areas of school life—from academics to community service to extracurricular activities. An “I-Can-Do-It” attitude and an “I-Can-Make-A-Difference” attitude are prevalent throughout the school community. Riverhill School is a uniquely wonderful place where students and families thrive in a loving, nurturing, safe environment.
Each member of the Riverhill community should embrace the following for our students:
- Every student will be encouraged to develop a positive self-concept, acceptable manners and discipline, and appropriate social skills.
- Every student will be encouraged to seek answers to questions and to learn new methods for acquiring information.
- Every student will be encouraged to learn appropriate computer skills and to recognize the importance of technology in our lives.
- The curriculum which translates Riverhill’s philosophy into reality will be student-centered and the role of each student will be an active one.
- The school will create an atmosphere that facilitates learning and fosters respect for one’s self and for the rights of others.
- Every student is important and is in a constant state of growth and development.