In an effort to keep you as up to date as possible on our “Safer Together” plans for re-starting school at Riverhill on August 11, I am excited to share the following plan with you. You will be receiving a much more detailed plan toward the end of July.
- First day of in-person school at Riverhill School–Tuesday, August 11
- Social Distancing and other CDC guidelines observed in classrooms and in hallways
- Student temperatures checked at door
- No Drop-Off or Pick-Up lines
- Staggered, Assigned two-tier Drop-Off/Pick-Up times (most likely 7:55, 8:05 and 2:55, 3:05 although this is subject to change with the possibility of an additional pick-up time for preschool classes)
- Assigned Drop-Off/Pick-Up doors–assigned by alphabet according to family last name
- Riverhill Staff on hand at doors to take students to their classrooms in the mornings and back to the doors in the afternoons
- Parents, students, and staff required to wear masks at Drop-Off and at Pick-Up (student masks in backpacks after entering their classroom but put back on whenever going out of the classroom.
- Lunch eaten in classrooms instead of Dining Room
- No parents allowed inside building
- Enrichment Teachers (as much as possible) travel from classroom to classroom instead of students changing classrooms
- Water fountains disabled–students encouraged to bring bottled water from home each day
The Riverhill Staff will work in partnership with parents to keep our students as safe as possible while all under one roof and while receiving in-person instruction. Working TOGETHER, we will make this another awesome year at Riverhill School.
Thank you for being an important part of the Riverhill Family!
Happy Fourth of July!