Riverhill School, located in Florence, Alabama is an independent, co-educational, PreK-2 through sixth grade school. Founded in 1980 by parents seeking an alternative to the public and religious schools, Riverhill is the only independent, non-parochial school in the Shoals. Riverhill School draws from the entire Shoals area, although most students are from Colbert or Lauderdale County. The students at Riverhill are varied in their background, with many occupations represented by their families.
Minima Maximis Cedant
Let those things which are least important yield to those which are of the greatest importance.
Riverhill School promotes each child’s individual potential to their maximum ability. While encouraging independence, the Riverhill faculty and staff provide a safe and secure learning environment for students. The Buddy program helps children foster relationships across grade levels, and students at Riverhill show exceptional respect for each other and for adults. Riverhill School enjoys a family atmosphere where parental involvement is welcome and encouraged. Riverhill graduates are intellectually competent and academically prepared; they are also lifelong learners and leaders who go on to be involved in their communities to make a positive difference.
Riverhill Quick Facts
- Riverhill School has been serving families in the Shoals since 1980.
- Riverhill is a co-educational, independent preK-2 through 6th grade school.
- Riverhill School provides each student access to a computer and/or iPad and provides the entire campus with high-speed wireless internet.
- Riverhill School provides all grades access to a personalized laptop.
- Riverhill School is debt-free.
- Riverhill School has many favorite traditions, such as Friday Flag Ceremony, Grandparents’ Day, Daddy-Daughter Dance, and Science Fun Day.
- Riverhill School is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA), the Alabama Independent School Association (AISA).
- The Riverhill Foundation owns several acres of land with plans to build a new facility in the near future.
- Riverhill School is a member of the Independent School Management (ISM) Consortium, the Association of Supervisors and Curriculum Development, and the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Riverhill graduates have been accepted into private colleges, public universities, military academies, Ivy League colleges, and international universities.
- Riverhill School fosters relationship building across grade levels through the Buddy program.